Daikin America, Inc. announces the 2022 Daikin America, Inc. Minority Scholarship Program for the Decatur-Morgan County area.
Daikin America, Inc., a leader in the Chemical and Fluoropolymer industry, will grant the scholarships in January 2023, to deserving minority college students from Morgan County.
The selection process will consist of applications being screened by a panel of Daikin America, Inc. employees, with finalists being interviewed by a group panel consisting of Daikin America, Inc. employees, educational system employees, and local community leaders.
Deadline for making application is November 30, 2022.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, the applicant must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Living in Morgan County, Alabama
- Of minority classification
- In true and genuine need of funds in order to continue education
- Enrolled (or will enroll at the beginning of the next semester term) as a full-time undergraduate college student
- Must maintain a grade point average to be a student in good standing, not on probation
Applications are available at any local high school, any area college, at Daikin plant on State Docks Road or online at https://daikin-america.com/minority-scholarship-application/
Winners will be notified in January 2023 and will also be recognized at the MLK Unity Breakfast on January 16, 2023.
Payment of the scholarship funds will be made directly to the College or University of the student’s choice.
Any questions concerning the Minority Scholarship Program should be directed to:
General Affairs & Training Manager
Daikin America, Inc.
Decatur, AL 35609
Tel: (256) 306-5000
Fax: (256) 306-5599