Daikin’s DAI-EL fluoroelastomer and perfluoroelastomer products provide excellent high temperature and aggressive fluids resistance in sealing and fluid transport applications for automotive, oil and gas, aerospace, chemical process, small engine, and other harsh sealing environments.
Daikin’s global technical and manufacturing resources support new developments and applications of DAI-EL, each designed to meet specific OEM (end user) and fabricator (processor) requirements. In the Americas, as well as in Asia and Europe, Daikin partners with you to provide the best fluoroelastomer product solutions available in the world today.
- Automotive: As OEMs continue to increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions, Daikin continues creating improved DAI-EL grades to provide superior performance that combine fuel/oil and temperature resistance with reliability. Recent focus has included solutions for turbocharger hose and hybrid-electric vehicles.
- Oil & Gas: Drilling processes and other downhole fluids contain additives likely to degrade standard rubber. DAI-EL fluoroelastomers and base resistant grades were developed to serve this industry and solve the most difficult sealing challenges.
- Chemical Processing: Aggressive chemicals, steam, acids, and bases require sealing materials with fluid resistance and long-term operability. DAI-EL is offered in several grades and fluorine levels for these applications.
- Wire and Cable: Highly specialized materials are needed to meet flexibility, chemical resistance, temperature, cross-linking, flame & smoke, electrical, and color requirements. Daikin’s compounding subsidiary Cri-Tech develops unique formulations for this application.
- Aerospace: High operating temperatures and high altitudes require superior heat resistance and low-temperature performance. DAI-EL is offered in several grades for these critical applications.
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical: Requirements for the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical industries are stringent and reliability in these applications is essential. Daikin’s compounding subsidiary Cri-Tech develops and delivers high-quality compounds that meet the standards of safety and performance expected in these applications and offers a standard product line of FDA-compliant compounds.
- Semiconductor: DAI-EL perfluoroelastomers offer excellent resistance to long-term exposure in hot aqueous environments.
Comparison among rubbers
DAI-EL Selection Guide
Selecting a fluoroelastomer grade is often a difficult exercise in balancing performance requirements, processing considerations, and cost. To help you overcome this challenge, DAI-EL has created a selection guide with pertinent information and detailed recommendations. Whether you have a specific processing method and performance property in mind or are interested in exploring where different properties might take you, the DAI-EL selection guide is a powerful tool at your disposal. For additional information and product recommendations, please contact the DAI-EL technical service team.
DAI-EL Fluid Resistance Guide
Fluoroelastomers and perfluoroelastomers offer superior acid, base, chemical, and fuel resistance compared to other types of rubber. However, significant performance differences exist within these product families. To assist you in determining which grades are most suitable for your operating environment, Daikin has created a chemical resistance guide. This guide details expected performance including volume swell data in harsh operating conditions. While comprehensive, this guide is not exhaustive so for additional information please contact the DAI-EL technical service team.
Grades & Features
|Compression set resistance, sealing property
Seals (oil, crank shaft, valve system, bearing), Fuel hose
Turbo charger hose, O-ring
|Mechanical properties, chemical resistance, acid resistance, steam resistance, anti-flex fatigue
Strong polar solvent resistance, compression set resistance,
|Strong polar solvent resistance, chemical resistance, acid resistance, steam resistance
|Strong polar solvent resistance, mechanical properties
|Excellent low temperature sealing properties and mechanical properties, acid resistance, anti-flex fatigue
Base Resistant Elastomer
Excellent mechanical properties, base resistance, coolant resistance, engine / transmission oil resistance
Acid resistance, excellent anti-flex fatigue
Seal (oil, bearing ,coolant
packer), Turbo charger hose, O-ring
Improvement of processability
Reduction of hardness
Elasticity at room temperature
Good flowability similar to thermoplastics above melting point
|＊Cri-tech Custom Compounding