Daikin America, Inc. announces the 20120 Daikin America, Inc. Minority Scholarship Program for the Decatur-Morgan County area.Download Application
Daikin America, Inc., a leader in the Chemical and Fluoropolymer industry, will grant the scholarships in January 2019, to deserving minority college students from Morgan County.
The selection process will include applications screened by a panel of Daikin America, Inc. employees, and finalists interviewed by a panel made up of Daikin America, Inc. employees, educational system employees, and local community leaders.
Deadline for making application is November 30, 2018.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, the applicant must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Living in Morgan County, Alabama
- Of minority classification
- In true and genuine need of funds in order to continue education
- Enrolled (or will enroll at the beginning of the next semester term) as a full-time undergraduate college student
- Must maintain a grade point average to be a student in good standing, not on probation
Applications are available at any local high school, any area college, at Daikin plant on State Docks Road or online.Download Application
Winners will be notified in January 2019 and will be recognized at the MLK Unity Breakfast on January 21, 2019. Payment of the scholarship funds will be made directly to the College or University of the student’s choice.
Any questions concerning the Minority Scholarship Program should be directed to:
Community Relations & General Affairs Manager
Daikin America, Inc.
Decatur, AL 35609
Tel: (256) 306-5000
Fax: (256) 306-5599